Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Caitlin

It is Monday morning, and I have some time alone. I thought I would write about the birth of our second daughter.
Last week, I was 2 weeks past my due date. My Dr had not wanted me to go so far past my due date, but I was not sure that I wanted to be induced. Monday morning was my scheduled induction. After long thought and prayer, I was ok with that. So we went in Monday to be induced, but we were sent home after being there for about an hour. A
pparently, you are not supposed to eat before an induction. I didn't know that. I just know that I needed some energy for the possible long process that was about to occur.
My induction was now scheduled for Wednesday, June 3. - 5AM!!! So Jeff and I got all ready again for the hospital. We get there a
t 5, and got back in the room by 5:30. My doctor di
dn't get to
the hospital until 7:30. She broke my water by 7:40. Nothing really happened. I had some very MIL
D contractions for a while. Our doula Penny, who helped us with the labor and birth was great. Noon time rolls around, and still nothing is really happening. So on comes the Pitocin. :( I was a bit sad at this point. Pitocin was the last thing I wanted. But here I was with my water broken, and nothing happening, and now getting the Pitocin. 2:00 rolls around and still not too much going on. My sister had come up to the hospital, leaving her 4 older kids and HG with my dad at our house. I remember some contractions here -but not enough pain to make me stop smiling and laughing and talking. Those came around 4:00. By 7:00ish, I was so ready to
be done. Pitocin makes for some HARD contractions once it kicks in. 7:30 - Finally, it
was time. There were a few pushes, but nothing seemed to be happening.
With every push, our little girl was closer.
7:41 - Caitlin Abigail Kuban was born!! Halleluia!















Caitlin Abigail - 8lbs, 1 oz. 21 inches long!















Our new sweet baby girl!



















Big sister getting to meet Caitlin for the first time!







































May May, Aunt Caroline, and Aunt Dabney were there to welcome Caitlin!















My sweet friend Jamie came up a little bit later and brought Jeff and I some Chick - fil - A



1 comment:

marie said...

Just wanted to say Congratulations!!
I know it was a hard long road. She's so beautiful! Sorry you had to have the pitocin. I had to have that with the last two and it was ROUGH. Congrats again!