Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cooking

Recently, Jeff and I have been talking about trying to cook through a cookbook.  BUT - I am super picky.  Jeff loves foods with complexity.  I like simplicity. 
So how do I cook through a book that I don't like most of the food in?  Well, I finally got a cookbook I think will be good.  The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.
My mom sent me "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" - very down to earth normal kind of food.  My kind of cooking.  So here I am, first meal from her:

Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes

Cubed Steak - double battered 
Off to the oil.  They got cooked and almost burned, but still didn't seem crispy enough.  Not sure why.

Potatoes: Yukon Gold ones - then added cream cheese - never would have thought that.
 I over cooked them a bit at the end. 

I added some green beans.
Overall, a good meal.  I'll do this one again.

No comments: