Monday, June 4, 2012

More Projects



{Again - forgotten post, didn't realize I had so many saved as drafts.  This was right at Christmas}




So no, this is not a project, unless you count finally cutting Jonah's hair - but it is just too cute.   I love his smile!

Jonah has been needing a dresser.  I have
n't wanted to spend a lot of money on one.  One night I was on the way to the grocery, talking to my sister on the phone, driving Jeff's truck.  I look over, and see our neighbor 2 doors down is throwing this out!  I stopped and snagged it.  Score!  Got it home and realized why they were tossing it.  Both of the sides were destroyed pretty bad, but we fixed it by putting a sheet of 1/4 in plywood over.  Now I'm painting it - and stressing it.  All that's left is the Polycrylic to protect the paint.  {and to find new hardware}
{UPDATED:}



The start of our new Christmas tradition: Gingerbread houses.  {some of us get more excited and into it than others}

First up: mine - complete with a chimney for the wonderful fires.

Second: Jeff's
He had a Helipad - but a little munchkin kept eating everyone's creations. 

Lastly: Haley's
Jeff called it the compound.  She was oh so proud of it!  And I was too.  We had so much fun decorating them.  Next year we'll start a little earlier, to give us more time to be creative! 


No comments: