Friday, March 25, 2011

Couponing!!


This picture has nothing to do with my post, just wanted to throw in a picture of my little man.
For a few weeks now, I have been attempting to learn how to use coupons. My awesome sister told me about this web site (southernsavers). Last night I finally got things figured out enough to make my first big trip to Kroger. At first look, I didn't see much that looked like a good deal. But I started checking the items I wanted to get, and wow - what a list I came up with. Between Sunday paper coupons, ecoupons, and internet printables I was able to come away with quite the loot!!

Ok - here is my grocery cart (minus a few things that I had to get that were not on sale - like chicken, lettuce, deli meat).
My Total Should have been: $227 (wow! What a grocery bill!!)
- $26.55 (my coupon total)
- $72.88 (Kroger sales)
{a total of $99.43 off my bill}
= a grand total of $127.57 (what I actually paid)
That means I saved 43%
In this picture below, everything you see was $.49 each!!! How awesome is that??
This last picture is what got me super excited!!
Can you see all that pasta? Yep - it's 12 boxes of good quality pasta!
Guess how much for all those boxes. $.00!!! TOTALLY FREE!!!!
Now that was a fun grocery trip! I am so thankful I went on my own, after the kids went to bed. There would have been NO room in the buggy for the kids (especially two in the buggy).
So was buying some newspapers worth it? Oh yea!
Will I continue to coupon - I am thinking so!

Thanks Dabney for encouraging me to save my family some money!!


3 comments:

Katherine said...

that is so awesome! I wish that was something that worked here. I frequently save a lot when I shop the sales at the one store near the house, but there arent a lot of coupons I have found that make it worth it since I dont shop brand names. I am so glad it worked well for you!

Sacrifices of Joy said...

Yea! Hope you go tthe bug!

Chalise Bondurant said...

wow! that is amazing! i so admire people that can save all of this money. i wish they had coupons for fresh produce and meat!