Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mini Van Mom!

This morning on my way to take Haley to school, I had a funny realization. I am a minivan mom! What? I know, I have been driving a minivan for about 7 months now. But it finally hit me. I have 3 kids, my life feels like it's complete chaos all the time, and - here's the kicker: I'm driving to school, rocking some Veggie Tales really loud, and harmonizing to Noah's Ark! Here's the picture: After a crazy morning of the baby screaming constantly, the toddler whining non stop, and the older one fighting me at every turn, I get in the car and put on some Veggie Tales to calm us down. As we start driving down the road, Jonah starts screaming ... again. Haley can't hear the music, and asks very politly if I could turn up the music (to mask the screaming), I ablidge her. Haley and I start singing and dancing to the music - all of a sudden, Noah's ark comes on - and I realize I am harmonizing to just about every bit of the song. Now, I have no idea if I am doing that right, I am not a good singer, but I sure think it sounds better. :) I stopped mid song and started to laugh and smile. What a joyous life I have! The hard part of my day is just dealing with fussy kids. While this usually gets me all flustered and crazy - this morning I let the goofy Veggie Tales in.

VeggieTales - More Sunday Morning Songs with Bob and Larry [Audio CD]

Thank you Lord for silly songs and for your word! Thank you for loving me when I am nuts and when I don't think I can handle one more scream. Thank you for the hope we have in you!

3 comments:

Annie B said...

This post is absolutely wonderful! What a brilliant and fun highlight of the day! The only thing better would be if I was there to attempt to simultaneously harmonize ;)

Unknown said...

amen girl!

Chalise Bondurant said...

love this story. i must admit that i harmonize to brooklyn's bible song cd, on a regluar basis, and i like it!