Thursday, May 26, 2011

Home Projects: 1

Recently, we bought Haley Grace new bedding. Her old bedding was just getting yuck. I wanted to get her something new and fun, but still something that she could grow with. Nothing too babyish, or too grown up. So fun stripes and polka dots in bright colors it is!
I was really wanting to make something so I found a few blogs on making headboards. I made this headboard all by myself!! Jeff graciously let me use his power tools. Thanks Love!
I drew out my design, then cut it out with the jig saw.
Next, I cut out 2 inch dense foam, put in on the wood, then stapled batting around it.
I used an old window curtain (white) and had some scrap pink fabric that I used for the buttons.
My headboard cost me less than $15! And a lot of that was the high density foam.
Now we just need to paint over the old stripes in the room, and get a bed frame for the mattresses.